Question Serial number prefixes on Pelagic Pressure Systems MH8A transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also found 2 photos of Tusa transmitters on ebay, also prefix BM. I'm not at all sure how Huish decides to replace transmitter in their service program, perhaps it is the serial number and not the prefix.

View attachment 831563
Couldn't find another listing.

The Zen 950 appears to be (have been) available with just the computer or bundled with a transmitter. This one has no box, so no way to see if the transmitter likely came together with the computer.
"air integration piece" doesn't give me an overwhelming sense of provenance ... :rofl3:

...I have sent Huish a nice email asking them how they decide whether a transmitter is part of their service program or not.
I heard back from Huish almost immediately. I asked about the BM and FP serial number prefixes and then about other brand's prefixes such as FC, FK, and FO:

"…our Oceanic serial numbers have the BM and FP prefix at the beginning. The FP is manufactured more recently than the BM and that is why there was a serial prefix change. Both of these are able to be serviced! The service fee is $120USD + tax and shipping. This will get you a serviced replacement unit in like-new condition with a one-year warranty.

You are correct! The other prefixes are associated with other brands so we would not be able to service them here at Huish."

I recently bought a used MH8A from someone here on SB. It has no prefix. Just the S/N 076590 037. It connects without issue just like my other transmitters.

My Shearwater PPS MH8A that came with my Perdix AI is FK-003875.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom