Sept. 4, 2011 East Sooke Park photos/report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks great, I should try timing a visit in Fall :) I've been diving in San Diego, had 3 great dives today with dozens of sea lions including young and a big male in the Coronado Islands. You'd like the rock fish here, some the same as in BC, but also many different species.

I vaguely recalled you had been here. Yes, those could have been today's pictures. Lobster Shack is the standard dive for all operators (there are at least 3 regular diveboats). Pretty amazing, and possibly against some Canadian regulations, to dive right in front of a sealion rookery. We did two dives there and one at Keyhole, the other most commonly dived site just a few hundred meters away from Lobster Shack. This was my second time here; the first time the swell was so weak we dove Keyhole from the other (exposed) side, with pink/purple hydrocorals at depth. There must be other cool sites on the other islands but there seems to be limited interest in exploration, or limited resources. You'd need a bigger boat than yours, or an exceptionally calm day :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom