Sept 20 - Pt. Lobos video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OUCH! That is going to cost you $,$$$$ :rofl3: Let me know when you get your new toyS :rofl3:

We did a really nice scooter dive with Ben at Lobos not long ago and the vis was over 40' in some places. We dove MaCabee on Saturday and the vis was only 15' and surgy, even though the surface was pretty flat. Mind you we kept it shallow due to a newbie diver who did an excellent job as a buddy :D

OUCH! That is going to cost you $,$$$$ :rofl3: Let me know when you get your new toyS :rofl3:

That's exactly what I was thinking. I want to try your scooter when you get it Kenn. :wink:

That's exactly what I was thinking. I want to try your scooter when you get it Kenn. :wink:

It's going to be a LONG, LONG time before I can even dream about a scooter. In fact, my only real shot of obtaining one is if the Cuda becomes so popular that someone will pay me to take their obsolete X-scooter off their hands. Any takers? I'm accepting PMs.

Kenn, I have around $900 into my Mako with all of it's upgrades. It is not the fastest scooter on the planet, but Ben could not really outrun me. The X's are way cool for their weight and all, but cost is a factor. So I carry a 50lb scooter around, it still saved me thousands of dollars.

The can light changes the way you dive more than anything. It makes it much more enjoyable and adds a higher safety factor in with buddy signaling. Best investment in dive gear that I made! At least get something like the new Oxycheq light with the mitt. They are getting rave reviews. I bought one for Susie as her backup light so we can do a night dive together. It was $69 from Any Water.

Kenn,

So were you towed during the filming of this underwater adventure?

MG

Hi Mike,

I was towed for most of the trip, something I tried very hard to hide in the vid. I did get a few minutes to take one out a bit on my own, but I had a heck of a time trying to control it (turns out I was fighting it and not rolling with it, so to speak).

Kenn, I have around $900 into my Mako with all of it's upgrades. It is not the fastest scooter on the planet, but Ben could not really outrun me. The X's are way cool for their weight and all, but cost is a factor. So I carry a 50lb scooter around, it still saved me thousands of dollars.

If it ever comes down to requiring a scooter for the dives I want to do, I think I'll keep that in mind. Used Makos do show up here for pretty darn cheap!

The can light changes the way you dive more than anything. It makes it much more enjoyable and adds a higher safety factor in with buddy signaling. Best investment in dive gear that I made! At least get something like the new Oxycheq light with the mitt. They are getting rave reviews. I bought one for Susie as her backup light so we can do a night dive together. It was $69 from Any Water.

A friend of mine lost that exact same light a few weeks back. I know Oxycheq is preparing an even brighter version to fit into the light sock (the currently vaporware Raider 3); if I can't find an awesome deal on a can light, I might go with that for the time being, and use it as a backup once I do go can...

Whoaa..... back up there buddy... I "could" have out run you... but then I would have had to walk all the way back to Vallejo... Let's get it straight... :)

The can light changes the way you dive more than anything. It makes it much more enjoyable and adds a higher safety factor in with buddy signaling.
As long as the divers dive as a team with light protocols and situational awareness...

Otherwise it's just a $1,500.00 underwater fish fryer!!! :D

Michelle,
The first taste is always free :)

Its okay Ben, next time out run him and give me a call. I'll happily give you a ride back home :wink:.

You got it... :p

Whoaa..... back up there buddy... I "could" have out run you... but then I would have had to walk all the way back to Vallejo... Let's get it straight... :)

Sorry Ryan and I were in L.A. picking up something you are gonna wish you had :crafty: We ran into a whole bunch of Scubaboard members, that you know, at the Marineland dive site. Crazy how they bring their gear, including X scooters, up and down a really really long hike to the water. We left our heavy scooters in the truck :depressed:

Haha, maybe if your scooter wasn't broken you could out run mine :D Not being able to up the pitch didn't leave you with any extra juice. Oh and I could not out run you when I had your scoot and you had mine. :lotsalove: I think you also missed this line I wrote, "The X's are way cool for their weight and all". If I could afford an X I would own one for sure. BTW Ryan built a trigger activated speed switch like the X's have, but with some other cool features.

So when are we going to go and do it again? That was a fun day :D

When our vis improves, we are going to drag you out to the North Coast too.

Back
Top Bottom