Sensor life claims for oxygen analyzers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it's just marketing, then I succumbed to the marketing in choosing a Palm D over the Cootwo.
They are different products: one is a single-gas O2 Analyzer the other is a dual-gas O2 and CO Analyzer.

If you need just a single-gas O2 Analyzer and don't care checking for CO then go ahead and purchase the Palm D (or any other O2 analyzer out there) as it is a good product from a respected manufacturer.

If you think that a dual-gas O2 and CO analyzer saves time and money, then cootwo is the way to go.

cootwo is designed to work with O2 sensors from different brands.
A customer could decide to mount in cootwo an O2 sensor with claimed longer life if s/he desires so.
That's pretty darn awesome! You should include a blurb in your marketing materials about it.

That's pretty darn awesome! You should include a blurb in your marketing materials about it.
We suck at marketing :facepalm:
But we are good designers :D

They are different products: one is a single-gas O2 Analyzer the other is a dual-gas O2 and CO Analyzer.

If you need just a single-gas O2 Analyzer and don't care checking for CO then go ahead and purchase the Palm D (or any other O2 analyzer out there) as it is a good product from a respected manufacturer.

If you think that a dual-gas O2 and CO analyzer saves time and money, then cootwo is the way to go.

Well, if you're interested ... I had been following the cootwo development, release, and comments from users, as I certainly would like to analyze my tanks for both O2 AND CO. But after much deliberation, I reluctantly opted to acquire a plain old O2 analyzer and to forgo CO analysis, because analyzing for both O2 and CO requires roughly twice as much maintenance in the form of periodic calibration and replacement of sensors. (Just stating the obvious here.) I know myself--I am lazy and frugal (insert further excuses here)--and after reading what is required, I admitted to myself I would almost certainly be lax with the required calibration and/or replacement. This is certainly no criticism of the cootwo, since the same reasoning would apply if I were to acquire a separate CO analyzer. In other words, diligently tending one analyzer and its sensor is already more than I am certain I can handle. I prefer gear that requires little maintenance, and analyzers are not such gear--they require periodic attention. Another way to look at it is that I might feel more motivated if I dived more frequently, but for the foreseeable future any analyzer I own is likely to sit in storage for weeks or months between uses.

Back
Top Bottom