Senor Frogs Burns during Carnival Parade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty amazing! Good thing it didn't make it to where they store the booze - it would have blown the building sky-high!!:eyebrow:

Wow. Looks like after the palapa caught it essentially quit when they fell off.

The irony of it all was that the song playing at the time inside Frog's was
"THE ROOF......THE ROOF.......THE ROOF IS ON FIRE.........."
"WE DON'T NEED NO WATER LET THE MUTHA F@#$!@# BURN"
:shocked2:

I've passed the link on to a couple of other Cozumel forums. Thanks for the info & the link. Larry.

There's "other" Cozumel forums? :shocked2:

I like the part where the not so bright people:shakehead: are walking under the fire...that is until the grass started falling off the roof...

My buddy and I were inside when it caught. Lets just say I saw a lot of people that I wouldnt dive with in the first minute. :) The employees attempted to put it out at the balcony, however they stood downwind (~15mph) with the fire extinguishers. My buddy rounded up the rest of our group and I went and got the FE from the gift shop and put the little fire that had fallen inside, by approaching from the side. I then handed the FE over to an employee and we worked our way out through the gift shop. Lots of smoke inside the place, and some flying embers, but it appears there were no injuries. On Wednesday morning the bug and sign were removed and lots of work was being done to repair. I suspect the T shirts in the gift shop are going to smell for a while.

Stopped in and had a drink last night, everything seems to be back to normal!

I agree I don't think it was the Mayor's car. I saw the float. It had sparks shooting up on both sides just behind the cab of the truck. I noticed the fire when it was about six inches square. I saw a girl stand up and throw her drink at it. It looked kind of comical since it did nothing at all to put out the fire!

Walked past SF the morning after. They were cleaning up and painting outside. No structural damage. Should be business as usual. Part of the SF sign on the front of the building melted a bit, but otherwise all looks ok to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom