semi-dry wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alphonsis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering if people have any thoughts on semi-dry wetsuits. I was looking at getting a 7mm two piece for diving in the waters off northern california.

However, the people at the shop suggested a semi-dry wetsuit claiming that it's warmer than a two piece, but more streamlined than a dry suit.

Load of hogwash, or valid?

thanks!

Certainly not hogwash.

The catch seems to be making sure it is enough warmth for you. A semi-dry can approach the cost of an entry level or good used dry suit. In the drysuit you can alter garments to get the warmth you need. In the semi-dry what you see is what you get.

Pete

spectrum:
Certainly not hogwash.

The catch seems to be making sure it is enough warmth for you. A semi-dry can approach the cost of an entry level or good used dry suit. In the drysuit you can alter garments to get the warmth you need. In the semi-dry what you see is what you get.

Pete

A semi-dry can be had for $200-$400 new, not near what a good dry suit (used) would cost. I dive in a semi-dry during the winter and except for my wrists and ankles, my semi dry have always kept me pretty dry...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom