Semi-Dry Suit ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rock_hntr

Reaction score
Greetings, I am looking for information, or reviews about some of the new 7mm Ti lined semi-dry suits and one piece wet suits that are available. I am looking specifically for information regarding Tilos or Akona products. How well do they work, hold up, last etc. I dive the Oregon and Washington coast and I am used to a 5 mil 2piece farmer john and beaver tail, I have been out of the game for a while and I am looking to get back into the water, but need to get a new suit.

Thanks for the help.

Rock, given where you dive, I'd save up my pennies for a drysuit. In the end you will be much happier.

Drysuits come in a variety of types & price ranges. For example, some good Canadian makes like Whites or Brooks out of BC would probably be a great buy for you right now. Abyss is also highly rated, but they are out of Nova Scotia (the East Coast).

Just my $0.02's worth,

~SubMariner~

Awesome semi-wet suit. (I mean semi-dry.) I have one as do some of the people I dive with and it's incredible. One guy wore a t-shirt under his and yes, it stayed dry. I couldn't believe it. Dove in 42 degree water for 35 minutes and was totally fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom