Self weighing of tanks....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

these are all great ideas, and I am aware of them, but my plan is to just weigh, in salt water, the tank setup used, and know what that set up does for boyancy. this can be done with just the spring scale in salt water and then if i want to be real close, use the SG of salt water on lead to know the weight i need to off set this when i change from one setup of tanks to another one, all else being the same....right?

Don Bubbled.....It's much easier to note that the specific gravity of pure water is 1.00, so any weight of lead in air is reduced by a factor (11.34-1.00)/11.34=0.912 in water. For salt water, the factor is about (11.34-1.03)/11.34=0.909.

Yes, right. The scale will do fine. Someone mentioned that lead weighs 90% when submerged but there is nothing to stop you from UW weighing your weight belt (for kicks).

Pesky

Got a nice 50lb very accurate digital fish scale coming and will let you all know how it comes out and the info i got, heck i will probably weigh everything in the water just to see what the 'real' boyancy is of all the goodies, like my main UW light(night rider BC3000) and all that...will be good to have in the log book...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom