Seeking opinions on Nha Trang, Vietnam diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm looking for opinions on diving in Nha Trang, Vietnam.

Any info on dive operators and budget places to stay is welcome.

Thanks

Haven't been there myself, but have thought about going for a few years. I've heard Rainbow Divers is a good operator to dive with. You might want to do a search on the site since there have been a few threads on this subject in the past.

stevenl:
Don't go there for the diving, the trip is not worth it.

But if you're there, make some dives.

Can you be more specific about the quality of the diving?

Gilligan:
Can you be more specific about the quality of the diving?
As Dr. Bill suggests, do a search on "nha trang" and you'll get a half dozen old threads that discuss the dive quality at Nha Trang. I've dove there and basically agree with Steven and others - if you're going to VN and Nha Trang anyway, then do a couple of dives. But if you have money to go diving somewhere in Southeast Asia, then there are many better dive destinations in nearby countries.

If after reading all posts on Nha Trang and you still want to dive there, then I recommend Rainbow Divers (on Hung Vuong Street) or the Sailing Club (on Tran Phu Blvd). Both are professional and reputable. I met and spoke with Jeremy Stein, President of Rainbow Divers, in Jan 2007. He and his staff are very nice, helpful, and truthful.

Regarding budget lodging, check out Hoan Kim (aka Golden) Hotel at 1K-2K Hung Vuong St (www.goldenhotel.com.vn phone: 058.524.496 or .497). Nice, clean, and romantic boutique hotel with large rooms at about 350,000 (~$22 USD) a night, and a block from the beach.

Thanks for the replies.

I read some of the older threads and decided not to go. One comment that stuck with me the most was: "even Koh Tao, Thailand was better than Nha Trang". I dove KT last year and thought it was very poor quality diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom