Vietnam?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a day of diving off Nha Trang in 2019. Video:Photos/Report:nhatrang
I thought it was enjoyable, but not in the same category of other places in SE Asia. Basically, I wouldn't travel there just to dive, but if I was there for other reasons, it's definitely worth doing some diving.
Thank you for the video.

There is a possibility of me spending more time in Vietnam in the near future. It seems to be a common consensus when it come to the diving in Vietnam. I would think with its location there would be more of a diving scene there. Nha Trang seems to be the go to place but a few other places pop up as well. Phu Quoc, Con Dao, and some others.

Honestly though from the video, If that is what you had in your backyard to dive, I wouldn't hate it too much.

Seems like it would be a great place to train, with the ever growing technical scene, I am surprised that more training centers have not come up in Vietnam. Forgive my ignorance when it comes to geology but I would think also with the amount of Karsts throughout Vietnam, there would be a growing cave diving scene as well.

I did a day of diving off Nha Trang in 2019. Video:Photos/Report:nhatrang
I thought it was enjoyable, but not in the same category of other places in SE Asia. Basically, I wouldn't travel there just to dive, but if I was there for other reasons, it's definitely worth doing some diving.

Wow, lots of pipefish and great visibility!

Basically, I wouldn't travel there just to dive, but if I was there for other reasons, it's definitely worth doing some diving.

That is a good, balanced take on it. I seem to have spent most of my diving "career" visiting places which fall in to this category!

By the way, funny story about diving in Nha Trang... I was underwater during the dive and I saw another dive "tour" with the dive masters (I assume) swimming along holding the tourists like suitcases from handles on the back of their tanks. The tourists weren't wearing fins and they just hung limply as they were swum along about 20' deep. It was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen dive-wise.

By the way, funny story about diving in Nha Trang... I was underwater during the dive and I saw another dive "tour" with the dive masters (I assume) swimming along holding the tourists like suitcases from handles on the back of their tanks. The tourists weren't wearing fins and they just hung limply as they were swum along about 20' deep. It was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen dive-wise.
that's exactly how i get my kids through an airport.

Hi,

I'm a new AOW with 20 logged dives and am looking at Southeast Asia for my next trip. Would love to hit some spots with larger or pelagic life in particular sharks and Mantas. Would greatly appreciate any tips or suggestions as to locations and times of year. Thanks.

Hello fellow divers,

I am an instructor who recently moved to Vietnam. I think that Vietnam is not a scuba diving destination, diving can be done in few areas (Phu Quoc island, Nha Trang, Con Dao Island and near Hoi An). But these destinations are not worthy of a trip, they are good for people who want to dive locally.

Even Vietnamese divers after a while travel abroad, Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia are the favorites destinations for divers living in Vietnam.

I am in the same boat, I am trying to find more information on diving in Vietnam, with little success. A few places pop up but not much. Dare I ask...

Does anyone have any recommendations and/or contacts for technical training or diving?
To my knowledge, there are no technical diving or technical training available in Vietnam, people fly to other places like Phuket in Thailand and the Philippines to get training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom