Seeking a 3rd stage piston and cylinder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leo53214

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can't seem to find a 3rd stage cylinder and piston for my Bauer compressor.
The number that is stamped in the block is a K14-85 1/530
M – k1485 - Sn – 1/530 - 5000 psi

Bauer says it's too old. I want to have her rebuilt. Any leads would be appreciated.

Leo in WI

Hi leo
Think i have the parts
do you have the bauer part numbers ?
bad news i am other side of the pond from you england

Well that seems to be the issue. Apparently back then they used a combination of Mako and Bauer parts in the K14-85 compressor. Neither company seems to want to (they say can't) get part numbers for it because of that. I have no issue paying shipping from wherever. If you have any ideas on how I can match them up please let me know. Thanks so much!

Call my friend Porter Stiles at August Industries in Texas 972-245-7000. I think he has a better inventory of parts than Bauer USA has.

If Porter Stiles doesn't have the part, contact Lawrence Factor in Miami. They probably manufacture a replacement part and will refer you to a dealer who can sell you the part.
Another option is call Northshore Compressors in Silver bay MN and talk to Chuck Potter, he may have the part.
Jim Shelden

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom