Seeing Stars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IslandCowgirl

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What do the gold stars mean that are near members names?

Goes by how many posts you have. Doesn't really mean anything.

They are to do with the number of posts a member has made. You can find an explanation here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_rank

Remember though that this simply reflects the number of posts, not the quality of the content! :eyebrow:

IslandCowgirl:
What do the gold stars mean that are near members names?

Very strange. I just came to this forum to post about the ridiculousness of them - consdiering the number of posts each of us has made is already displayed - and there you go stealing my thunder, lol. (I'm not sure why it just hit me, tonight, to ****** about 'em, but...)

Alright SB, are the stars really neccessary? Seems to me some short one-liner posts/replies would take up a whole heck of a lot less space per page, thus leaving room for more content. An un-needed set of stars is one thing, an un-needed box-o-stars that also takes away from content per page is another.

That, or how about instead of 'Status,' call the box 'Spamming Ability?'

:wink:

Mambo Dave:
That, or how about instead of 'Status,' call the box 'Spamming Ability?'

:wink:

Seconded. Whoops, I think I'm spamming? Uh, information, quality, think think...

Don't pet the lionfish?

Yeah the stars don't mean much. I judge people here by their Avatars. :D

Hey, who took my stars...?! :11:

TheFoggyMask:
Seconded. Whoops, I think I'm spamming? Uh, information, quality, think think...

Don't pet the lionfish?

:lol:

oops - content - must interject content...

Don't try to corral a stingray (ouch!), and don't let a StarGazer land on you.

* hey... check out those stars - i think they grew on that one! *

I agree that the gold stars mean very little since the post count is also displayed. As has been pointed out, one can increase one's count and the number of stars by posting a series of silly one-liners rather than posts of incredible content, brilliance... and length (such as mine!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom