Secrets of Bermuda Revealed.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a lot about Bermuda I didn't know about. Bet you might not either - I found this story with a few things you might find interesting!

Bermuda Exposed

What struck you the most?

A few other interesting facts:

Although Bermuda currency is tied to the US dollar, they do indeed have their own currency. Their coins are beautiful, and have cultural significance.

Most stores and other commercial enterprises are closed on Sunday. The law was changed within the last few years to allow grocery stores to be open from 1-5 pm.

Non-residents are not permitted to buy property in Bermuda. The only exception is a few very high-dollar (7 figure and above) properties that would be unsellable to most residents.

Michael Douglas is Bermudian, and lives there with his family. His mother is Bermudian, and the family is part-owner of the former Arial Sands resort. The Douglas family is treated like any other family there, as Bermudians consider it rude to pester celebrities.

There is no Nitrox on the island, even though the fact that most dives are relatively shallow makes it ideal for its use. Haven't gotten an answer yet why.......

Most stores are closed on sundays? Does this apply to restaurants? So if I were to fly in on sunday afternoon, I wouldn't be able to do much other than lounge around at the hotel? Are touristy areas open?

Most stores are closed on sundays? Does this apply to restaurants? So if I were to fly in on sunday afternoon, I wouldn't be able to do much other than lounge around at the hotel? Are touristy areas open?

95% of resturants are open on Sundays, if you are coming in mid afternoon the Dockyard area is also open till 5pm/6 on Sundays as well. Of course having a nice walk on the beach is also fun to stretch out those plane legs :D

How about clubs and things of that nature?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom