Second strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Im thinking it's time for a second strobe. Shooting an Oly 5060 W/ Inon D2000. Should I get a second D2000 or is there a better idea out there? Thanks!

If you purchase exactly the same strobe you would be able to balance things out exactly and you are already familiar with the strobe. If you got a more powerful strobe it would be an evolutionary step in your equipment purchases; your current strobe would be good for fill and balance. If you purchase from the same manufacturer then the new strobe would likely be similar in operation; and the light balance would probably be the same.

Thanks, anyone else have advice?

While it's nice to have two strobes that are the same, I would make sure that the new strobe is something that will move forward to any new system that you might like to have. Personally, I'd probably buy the Inon 240 if I were in your position - in fact, I did just buy a 240 a few months ago LOL

I had planed on upgrading the camera in a year or so. I did have the transfer capability in mind....Why the 240 over the 2000?

The 2000 (not the S version) would probably work pretty well, too.

The 240 has a higher guide number.

I'd talk to the experts at www.reefphoto.com to get exactly what I needed.

z-240 has options.......an electrical sync cord for tomorrow..........and an optical sync alternative for today.....

Im being told the Z 240 will not be released untill March 31?????

Back
Top Bottom