Second stage for a pony - looking for recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@halocline I have never and will likely never advocate lefty regs for sidemount. It doesn't make any sense to me since it forces a regulator to cross under the diver in a single file exit if used on the opposite side *i.e. long hose with a left regulator with the tank on the right means it crosses. If on short hose then the long hose is on the left with a normal reg and it crosses. If it is used on the left side, then you risk the reg getting pulled out of your mouth in a restriction as well as dealing with extra jaw fatigue from the hose.

I'm not a sidemount diver so I don't really have an opinion about this, but don't many sidemount divers use a short hose with a left hand 2nd stage on the left tank?

I'm not a sidemount diver so I don't really have an opinion about this, but don't many sidemount divers use a short hose with a left hand 2nd stage on the left tank?

it is not unheard of, but it is far from the normal configuration. Dive Rite and their instructors are to my knowledge the only ones that teach to use a reversed regulator. Razor, UTD, Edd, etc. all use a normal reg on the left for short hose with that reg in a suicide strap per backmount norms

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom