Second OW dive after class, with pictures (dive computer BROKE)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's funny, on my other dives the memory of diving seemed to fade quickly. But, since we took pictures this time I keep looking at them every and I almost feel like I am still there :) Can't wait to go again!

Awesome report! Good pictures also. So what was the water temp diving in WA? how thick was your suit?

Wow, that looks like some awesome diving. These pix certainly have some of the best viz that I have seen from that area, makes me miss my So. Cal diving too! Thanks for the report.

Nice report and pictures, thanks.

I think you may just be off to a good start on air usage. that sort of difference is not uncommon in my experience. The 1000 PSI diver blew his air checks, that's how it happened. He either forgot or was embarrassed to be the one turning the dive.

I tell new buddies that I do not plan on checking their gauge, they are trained to do that. On that sort of dive turning at 1/2 of your original before hitting the water pressure works out well. If I begin to think they are messing up I ask for a check.

Pete

Cool pics. I had my brand new dive computer mess up on me during rescue class recently. It was straight out of the box and into the water. Then the water was into it. Fortunately, it was under manufacturers warranty and is in the process of being replaced. Depending on how old yours was, and what happened to it, you may be able to get it at least fixed. Hope it works out for you so you can go visit some more sea creatures :)

--Shannon

Wow, great pics...what a cool looking place to dive. I've never been up that way but I sure wouldn't mind giving it a go. I like the challenges of navigation and chilly water.....

I agree with Theredhead, the diver with the attachment on the top of their snorkel looks like they're first stage is a bubble machine....something I'll keep in mind to check my buddies for, I learn something everytime I get on this forum.

Thanks for the dive report.

-Dan

Back
Top Bottom