Second hand reg ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KJ4GXU

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Quick question. Assuming that the reg is second hand which I believe cancels out the Aqualung parts for life warranty, what would be an average parts cost for a complete overhaul on an Aqualung Titan LX?

I've got a line on a second hand second hand one and I'm trying to determine what the total out of pocket cost is going to be including a complete overhaul.

LDS labor is $25 per stage plus parts.

Before you waste $150, I suggest you determine why that reg needs to be serviced.

Before you waste $150, I suggest you determine why that reg needs to be serviced.
The seller states that they got this reg in a bulk gear purchase and they don't know its history. I'm assuming a full overhaul just for the sake of thoroughness if I decide to risk the purchase.

72 to 80 dollars roughly. the apeks kits are a few more dollars iirc. 150 to 160 including labor is roughly correct.

So based on this info I'm looking 100 - 150 for the reg. $75 for overhaul labor plus 70 or 80 for parts. At that point I'm almost halfway to a new reg set. I think I'll just save up for that.

Thanks for the info all.

If you have that extra money, go for it.

If you buy something like a used atomic for half price, pay $150 for service, you're still way ahead of retail. Worth it to me.

Parts for life is a scam since it requires annual service. It doesn't really save you any money. Instead of paying $150 every two years (or more) you are paying $75 each year for sure.

Parts for life is a scam since it requires annual service. It doesn't really save you any money. Instead of paying $150 every two years (or more) you are paying $75 each year for sure.

I think all programs have slight differences, while I agree with the above mostly for several brands out there I think ours is better/different.

We don't require you to service it annually to keep the deal, if you need less frequent service thats fine with us, our suggestion isn't even annually, it is every two years anyway. It is more like "service it whenever needed".

Ours is a subscription style service, so you purchase an annual subscription, and just send it in whenever you feel like it. Technically ours is even transferable if you sell your reg, as the new owner could just pick up the subscription.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom