Sechelt / Tuwanek for DrySuit Course and Accomodation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LizSpinks

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hope this is the right forum for these questions.

BF and I have a week off in early August and thought about getting away to the Sunshine Coast as we've never been. We are newly OW certified and in my research, I found out that Tuwanek Spit is a great and fairly easy shore dive. We don't have our DrySuit Course yet and I've been researching options for a DrySuit Course at Tuwanek Spit. Also been looking into accomodation for 2 nights. Somewhere with a hot tub (for post scuba!), and preferably a great view, so we can relax and soak it in.

I've found a couple of answers already, but no real recommendations, particularly for the training. Anyone have experience with instructors/accomodation here that they could pass on?

Thanks!

Wanted to post the results of our trip, in case anyone finds this thread and needs similar info. We had an amazing time. We booked our diving and rentals with Rob at Suncoast Diving and stayed at The Tuwanek Waterfront suite overlooking Tuwanek Spit and the Lamb Islets in the Sechelt Inlet.

Rob suggested diving in 7mm wetsuits and delaying our Dry Suit course until the weather turns colder again. This worked out really well, because for the first 2 of our 4 dives I was having to work hard at my buoyancy what with the cold water and thicker suit. I'm sure Dry Suit would have been even more work. There were some chilly pockets, but I wasn't too cold.

Lew took us out in their Zodiac on the first day to a couple other wall dives (Hanging Tire and Piper's Point). On the second day Rob came out to Tuwanek with their new DM Janice and we dove the wall to the left of the spit. Really nice easy dive. Saw a Giant Pacific Octopus in a crack. Then he gave us pointers for diving the north of the Lamb Islets as it was across from our suite's dock. After a SI we dove it on our own (a first for us), and it went really well. :)

We'd definitely use SunCoast Diving again, and probably will. It was an awesome fun and relaxing trip. Plus the Sunshine Coast is beautiful.

Be sure to add my cottage to your list. I am a PADI instructor and have a great cottage in Tuwanek - The Scuba Shack! There is also a great hot tub - for after your dives.
In one day of diving you can earn your dry suit cert.

Thanks Scubajonny. We'll definitely keep your place in mind. We loved Sechelt and the Sunshine Coast, and still need our Drysuit course. How DO people dive without a hot tub after? :)

Thought I'd add a pic of the northernmost of the Lamb Islets:

Waterfront Suite 3.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom