Sebastian Bug Hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TropicalDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,
If this weather every cooperates and the waves die down, I'm gonna get in some serious bug hunting out of Sebastian's 90' ledges that are 20 miles off the East Coast of Florida. I've booked with Steve/Mobile Diver (www.keysmobilediving.com) and arranged for him to come up from Miami the last two weekends of March and maybe some weekdays round there and bring his 26' Glacier Bay catamaran. This boat holds 6 divers, so with me, my husband, and friend, Jerry, we'll need 3 more divers on those days to go.

This diving is not for novices. Visibility can vary significantly and generally is not more than 20-30 feet. The BUGS are HUGE though - 8 pounders are not rare. Anyone interested?

Disclaimer - I am not affiliated with this dive charter. I am just trying to make these Sebastian bug dives happen as there are NO charters that are here regularly and I REALLY WANNA GO BUG HUNTING BEFORE THE SEASON ENDS (3/31).

PM me if you need more details..... :bounce:

Two openings for 3/25, three openings for 3/26, and one opening for 3/27 and 3/28. PM me if interested in joining in! :D

Boat is pretty much full. Let me know if you want to get in and I might be able to help (I'm signed up for 4 days in a row and am thinking I might have bit off too much diving - if that's possible - lol!).

PM me if you want more info...40 to 60 feet inshore...has openings due to change in location...primarily spearfishing rather than sightseeing, but if you wanna sightsee that's fine too...visability on the West coast has been good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom