Seawing Nova Gorilla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a set of the Gorillas, because I found I couldn't keep up with students who were using the SeaWings when I dove my own paddle fins.

They are significantly stiffer than the prior Novas. You can do all the non-silting kicks with them, but I don't get the speed out of them that I got from the slightly softer fins. On the other hand, I LIKE these better :)

I tried a set of Gorilla orange seawings on Sunday in a drysuit and small twin tanks. They felt very awkward in the water upright on the surface. They frog kicked okay but were difficult to helicopter or backfin. They made my calves tired after a while. They feel very light in the water. Really didn't liek them happy I could trial but will send back. Love the bright orange but back to the jetfins.

The standard SeaWing Novas come in Black, Blue or White.
The first SeaWing Nova Gorillas were black with a gray strap.
There was a special order for SeaWing Gorillas in orange as Keyman for Authorized Dealers; not retail.
Delivery this December will be SeaWing Nova Gorillas in graphite gray with a black strap.

Also get the standard Novas in pink (in South Africa)!

I got the orange SeaWing Gorillas for use with students. There is no mistaking who the instructor is with these beauties in the water! Nice, stiff fin and very fast when you need the speed. I found the foot pocket a little bigger than some other XL fins. Positive buoyancy required a little adjustment of my trim. The downsides (for me) are a little more awkward for frogkicks, back kicks and helicopter turns because of the added length (as opposed to my OMS Slipstreams), but they are capable of performing these kicks. For maneuverability with those special kicks, and most of my diving, the OMS Slipstream "jet style" fins are still my favorite.

SeaWing Nova Gorillas in graphite gray with a black strap have arrived. Nice!

I have both, the regular novas & the gorillas.
The gorillas are significantly stiffer than the regulars.
That is the only difference I can tell.
I use the regs for warm water(trips), & the gorillas for local use. They work very well with a dry suit. The frog kick is alot easier with the stiffer fin.
However, the stiffer fin will give your legs a work out....

Back
Top Bottom