Seattle Diver Death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver-dad

Registered
Reaction score
Seattle Times 19 July 06

Scuba diver dies after being rescued

A woman scuba diver who was pulled out of the water off Alki Beach after losing consciousness Tuesday evening has died, according to the King County Medical Examiner's Office.

The diver was initially taken to Harborview Medical Center shortly after she and her diving partner were rescued near Seacrest Park around 7 p.m.

The U.S. Coast Guard, which assisted the Seattle Fire Department in the rescue, said the woman and her partner were about 100 feet down in the popular diving area when one of the two ran out of air or experienced a malfunction in a breathing device.

The two used the buddy breathing system to ascend until they were approximately 10 feet below the surface of the water when the woman lost consciousness, the Coast Guard said.

That is terrible. My condolenses to the family.

Very sad. My prayers go out to her family and friends.

Some of our own members (BDub and Lamont, among others) were involved in the rescue attempt.

My condolences to this woman's dive buddy and those who loved her ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Geez...this is sad. Very sad.
My condolences to the womans family and friends.
Bummer.
K

My wife was down there sitting at the 4th buoy when this all went down. Very sad day. :(

Our condolences to the family of course.

Another article: LINK

Note: I believe the "jet ski" mentioned was really a scooter.

Edit: More info HERE.

Rick Inman:
Another article: LINK

Note: I believe the "jet ski" mentioned was really a scooter.

Edit: More info HERE.
Yes ... Bones' "jet ski" is a Gavin ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom