Seattle Area Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob,

I'll take you up on that offer. Will we be able to get at least two dives in at 4pm? Is there a dive shop near the area or near Sammamish that rents steel tanks and a weight belt?

Thanks,

Ericson

NWGratefulDiver:
4 PM ... Seacrest Park (West Seattle) Cove 2.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

scubajunkee:
Bob,

I'll take you up on that offer. Will we be able to get at least two dives in at 4pm? Is there a dive shop near the area or near Sammamish that rents steel tanks and a weight belt?

Thanks,

Ericson

Great! See you Friday around 4 PM at Cove 2. Look for a cinnamon-colored Honda Element (aka "The Box") with a ScubaBoard dive sticker in the back window.

Sure, we can do two dives.

Anybody else care to join us?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob/ Ericson,
cann't make it Friday, but Dustin and I will be out today (Cove 2) first dive 2pm second dive around 5pm, then again on Thursday same time and place. also will be doing a dive or two Sat. morning, not sure of the location yet.
Cory

I'll be there tonight (5:30) ... can't make Thursday, I'll be teaching an AOW class. I'm also planning to dive somewhere on Saturday after the swap meet (2 PM or later).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hi all,

Just got back from Seattle, WA yesterday. I want to thank OE2X for the tanks, Uncle Pug for being my dive buddy and NWGratefulDiver for the local diving information. I had a great time, though I got a bit cold during the dive. I think I'll bundle up a little more before diving Seattle waters again. I definitely want to come back and hopefully get a GPO on my camera.

Check out some of my pics:

00244_RJ.JPG

00240_RJ.JPG

00229_RJ.JPG

00232_RJa.jpg

00242_RJ.JPG

00241_RJ1.jpg

For more pics check out: http://photos.yahoo.com/scubajunkee

Thanks,
Ericson

scubajunkee:
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be in Seattle from April 7-11, and would like to dive April 9th if conditions are right. What dive spots or dive operators do you recommend in the area? Also, I hear tides play a big part in diving in your area, can someone explain the best times to dive and why?

Thanks,

Ericson

Ericson... glad to see the pics turned out! Especially nice shot of the juvenile wolfeel and the metridiums.

Sorry we didn't have Puget Sound warmed up for you. We should have thought about that and made the dive shorter. Next time you can bundle up more and we'll stay down longer. :D

I was only wearing the one layer of polartec with a t-shirt and shorts underneath. I've always gotten by with that in 50-57F water here in Monterey. What do you guys wear under your drysuit?

Ericson

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom