Seattle Area Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajunkee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be in Seattle from April 7-11, and would like to dive April 9th if conditions are right. What dive spots or dive operators do you recommend in the area? Also, I hear tides play a big part in diving in your area, can someone explain the best times to dive and why?

Thanks,

Ericson

scubajunkee:
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be in Seattle from April 7-11, and would like to dive April 9th if conditions are right. What dive spots or dive operators do you recommend in the area? Also, I hear tides play a big part in diving in your area, can someone explain the best times to dive and why?

Thanks,

Ericson

A good dive operator if you want to go out for a boat dive would be Bandito Charters, out of Tacoma. They go out every week-end, and hit some of the best dive spots in the southern side of Puget Sound.

Unfortunately, April 9th will not be a particularly good day for some of the best spots, as there will be 11-12 foot tidal exchanges, and current will be a significant factor (unless it's a planned drift dive, in which case it'll be an awesome day for it).

If you just want to do some shore diving, post here as the date gets a bit closer and you can probably hook up with a local diver. Many of us go out every week-end, and there are local sites that are less current-sensitive and can be dived just about any time.

I may have a class that week-end, but will know later in the month. If not, I'd be happy to take you diving and show you one of our more popular dive sites.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

When the current starts a rippin here in the sound, one of the better spots can be over in Hood Canal. Pacific Adventure (pacadventure.com) is about the only on site charter operator on the canal. You might want to talk to them first and see what they think the viz and current will be like on that weekend.
I'd recommend Don in a heartbeat (along with Bandito out of Tacoma).
Only problem with them is that they operate out of the West side of the canal which can be a long drive.

NWGratefulDiver:
A good dive operator if you want to go out for a boat dive would be Bandito Charters, out of Tacoma. They go out every week-end, and hit some of the best dive spots in the southern side of Puget Sound.

Unfortunately, April 9th will not be a particularly good day for some of the best spots, as there will be 11-12 foot tidal exchanges, and current will be a significant factor (unless it's a planned drift dive, in which case it'll be an awesome day for it).

If you just want to do some shore diving, post here as the date gets a bit closer and you can probably hook up with a local diver. Many of us go out every week-end, and there are local sites that are less current-sensitive and can be dived just about any time.

I may have a class that week-end, but will know later in the month. If not, I'd be happy to take you diving and show you one of our more popular dive sites.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Bob,

Thanks for the tips. Shore diving would be perfectly fine for me. I do it all the time in Monterey, CA. Do you know of any local shops that rent HP120 tanks? or HP100?

Ericson

scubajunkee:
Bob,

Thanks for the tips. Shore diving would be perfectly fine for me. I do it all the time in Monterey, CA. Do you know of any local shops that rent HP120 tanks? or HP100?

Ericson

I know one that used to ... but it's changed hands recently. Contact Northwest Sports Divers and ask if they still have some HP100's in their rental fleet.

(425) 487-0624

If not, I could probably manage to loan you a couple of LP95 steels for the day ... at least they're better than AL80's ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hey what are wrong with AL80s? So what if mine "swish" when you move them around above the surface....

j/k

I get outta work at 3:30 ... can be at a dive site by 4. If that works for you ...

.... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob,

Is that 4am or 4pm? What site or sites would you take me to? I'll be staying in Sammamish.

Thanks,

Ericson

NWGratefulDiver:
I get outta work at 3:30 ... can be at a dive site by 4. If that works for you ...

.... Bob (Grateful Diver)

scubajunkee:
Bob,

Is that 4am or 4pm? What site or sites would you take me to? I'll be staying in Sammamish.

Thanks,

Ericson

4 PM ... Seacrest Park (West Seattle) Cove 2.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom