"Seasons" in FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey

Omniheurist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'd like fly down to Florida and do some wrecks for a few days in March, but was wondering if the diving was seasonal (ie. is it much better/worse in March than in November?).

I've been down a bunch of times in November, but it was pretty much a coin-toss whether it would be great diving or really rough water/storms.

Would march be:
  • Better?
  • Worse?
  • The Same?
  • No way to Tell?
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Terry

Terry,

Just looking back in my log book, I have far more good dive conditions for March than Novemeber, with the summer being the best. One thing that Im seeing to is the number of loggerhead turtle during the month of March, they seem to be extremely plentiful then (only going on a three yr history though). I notice more shark sittings to, but who knows.

Definetly let us know when your coming... I'm working in Juptier (the best place in the US to dive :fruit:) for a LDS and boat and would love to have you come dive with us!

Very Cool!

Thanks, I'll let you know when I squeeze more time off out of my boss. :cool:

Should be around the end of March.

Terry

baitedstorm:
Terry,

Just looking back in my log book, I have far more good dive conditions for March than Novemeber, with the summer being the best. One thing that Im seeing to is the number of loggerhead turtle during the month of March, they seem to be extremely plentiful then (only going on a three yr history though). I notice more shark sittings to, but who knows.

Definetly let us know when your coming... I'm working in Juptier (the best place in the US to dive :fruit:) for a LDS and boat and would love to have you come dive with us!

I see you're in SC right now. We've officially reduced the seasons to 1. Hurricane season.

baitedstorm:
Terry,

Hey Vickie,

Whom are you working for now? Just curios as we will be out there again sometime before the Hurricane season :11doh:

ReefGuy:
I see you're in SC right now. We've officially reduced the seasons to 1. Hurricane season.
No kidding, I've been lucky enough to get 3 in two years. Thank you Frances, Jeanne and Wilma for reminding me how much I love FPL.
But seriously, I've been watching a couple of dive reports form the places I dive with our winters seem kind of rough and the viz is much better in summer. Average about now seems to be about 40-50ft. 2-4ft seas is about as good as it gets right now. Average is about 3-5ft.

Cool!

I'm looking at the end of March (can't hit my boss up for more vacation quite yet, since I just took a week and a half :cool:)

I'll let you guys know. It will be great seeing you all in person!

Terry

NetDoc:
Terry,

make sure you make your plans known! I'm always up for a good dive with an out of stater! :D

Oh, I long for the days we only got 3 in two years :)...

Let's see...

Charlie, Francis, Jean, Katrina, Wilma, Dennis

I can put my hurricane shutters up in my sleep.

shtepity:
No kidding, I've been lucky enough to get 3 in two years. Thank you Frances, Jeanne and Wilma for reminding me how much I love FPL.
But seriously, I've been watching a couple of dive reports form the places I dive with our winters seem kind of rough and the viz is much better in summer. Average about now seems to be about 40-50ft. 2-4ft seas is about as good as it gets right now. Average is about 3-5ft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom