Search yielding erroneous results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Don,

I found Abraham in all of the first six threads. <ctrl> + <f> will enable find on any page. Search will automatically strip a final "s" from any word to include the singular. Yeah, I know in this case that it's not a valid argument, but the search seems fine to me.

Yes, I was using CTRL + F, then inserting the word with the S included. Search find the word without the S huh. I'll try to remember that.

thanks

Yes, I was using CTRL + F, then inserting the word with the S included. Search find the word without the S huh. I'll try to remember that.

thanks

It's just the "S" at the end of the word. It understands that in MOST words, an "s" at the end would be for use to make the word a plural. So IOW the search sees the "S" as redundant.

thanks
Some searches are intelligent and strip the "s" to include the singulars. The browser dependent <ctrl> + <f> may or may not be as intelligent depending on their code. That being said, most browsers will try and "guess" for you depending on your cookies. I have seen a number of shops that were so proud that their site came up in the number one spot when they did a google search. Lo and behold, when they wiped out their cookies and browsing history, they got completely different results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom