Search in progress for Missing Mono County Ice Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdmbike to scuba:
This is the reason I buy whatever I can in Yellow..I'm New and need to be seen.....

Be careful in Deeper ocean dives, here's a reson they cal it "yumm yumm yellow..":sharkattack:

Cheers :D

Mike

Um...just to point out the obvious, Mike...someone DIED. Someone I knew and respected. I'm sorry but I can't help but feel your cheery demeanor is misplaced in this thread.

Mike Edmonston:
Be careful in Deeper ocean dives, here's a reson they cal it "yumm yumm yellow..":sharkattack:

Cheers :D

Mike
:rofl3: no worries

Leejnd:
Um...just to point out the obvious, Mike...someone DIED. Someone I knew and respected. I'm sorry but I can't help but feel your cheery demeanor is misplaced in this thread.

Sorry lee, my condolenses to the family. I have lost a few friends diving (US NAVY), and it's never easy. I PERSONALLY AND TRULY understand your grief. I've been there pulling my buddy out of the water and up the side of a submarine. I find that laughter is a good way to deal with grief. When my buddy drowned, his father told me to "celebrate his life, don't mourn his death".

I meant no disrespect to you or your friend. I apologize if it came off that way.

Mike

When one of us dies, We, as a dive community have all lost someone We feel the pain and Im with Mike Laughter is a good way to help us all heal. A sense of humor is a measurement of the extent to which we realize that we are trapped in a world almost totally devoid of reason. Laughter is how we express the anxiety we feel at this knowledge." -- Dave Barry Nice quote I'll have to remember that one......... Now back to learning how to be better divers......... Mark

TS&M I agree that this everything black idea is a bad idea. I want to be able to see my buddy and be seen by my buddy. I have yellow fins and yellow doubles...most of my buddies have commented on how easy it was to see me when I was following and follow me when I was the dive leader.

My condolences to the family and all involved.

This thread has raised the issue of diver visibility under water. I noticed a few years ago that the yellow tanks were greatly more visible than the gray or blue ones. Unless you are diving clear blue water, the bright colors on a diver can sure help. I have gotten into the habit of wearing a small "c-light" attached to my regulator hose. We also will often put a strobe on the anchor line above the wreck to help with navigation back.

Both lights are available at most marine stores or from www.westmarine.com

Attachments

• clight.jpg
    clight.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 105
  • fflyplus_f.jpg
    fflyplus_f.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 31

Back
Top Bottom