Search feature only finds posts 5/10 (post upgrade) and newer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sobe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just a heads up:
Search for frequently used terms and only post-update posts come up.
Just letting you know, in case it helps.

No help. I'm still updating the database. The search won't work yet... It will by this afternoon. There are more than 5,000,000 posts. It takes time for the indexes to rebuild, while the site is up at the same time.

As I said....

Posting bugs isn't a help at this point. It just makes it more work for me to reply to every little issue.

Search should function well now.

Just an update on the search.

I had to rebuild the search index as it was interrupted yesterday on the machine I was using. It's been running now for 12 hours and is about 1/2 way done. This operation is fairly database intensive, and has definitely slowed the site performance down today. It should complete tonight.

Not to poke you in the eye with a stick, HowardE, just a heads up for you, but search still isn't working as of this morning 9:20 EST. I'll try again later to see if it's up yet. It also doesn't seem to be recognizing all the posts made yesterday either, which I assume is because it was updating at the time...

I know. The automatic database backup killed the process while it was still running. Use google for now. type in your search term, and then site:scubaboard.com

What exactly are you searching for that isn't coming up?

I know. The automatic database backup killed the process while it was still running. Use google for now. type in your search term, and then site:scubaboard.com

What exactly are you searching for that isn't coming up?

Anything! In the marketplace I was looking at the 3rd post that read Atomic Frameless Mask. I was looking for a similar post and typed in Frameless, then Mask and then Atomic. None of those terms got a hit and yet the 3rd post had all three. So then I tried advanced search and used Atomic Frameless Mask - it was actually a previous search and I just typed the first couple letters and it came up and I went with that search terms. I got zero hits, which a few days ago was several hits. Then I went with Frameless for all the market place in advanced and got hits from 2008 and older.

The site looks good though, just a few kinks which I'm sure you expected.

The search index which requires re-indexing of 6gb of post data died the other day. I've resumed the index, and limited the search rebuild to the post table. It's at post 3,333,000 right now. It processes about 250 posts per second. It may finish tonight? Don't know exactly how long it will take, the process varies by site traffic, and database load. In the meantime as I've stated. The internal search function will NOT function properly until this is completed.

I believe the search index update was successful. It completed the process.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom