Seaquest / Suunto Console Attachment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Warhammer
Seriously, I was refering to the Suunto SK7. As in mounting one on a small retractor and attaching it to my BC. I've seen this before and it looks like it works great.
My TDI instructor loves ribbing his cave diver friends by attaching this on his BC before a cave dive and making a big deal about everyone seeing he has it on his gear.

(Reason it's a joke is that in a cave, you don't use a compass).

LOL! I was just picking at you, Large_Diver. When you posed the question, I could have sworn that Suunto made a compass already set up like this. I thought I'd seen one in my LDS. Well, I checked Suunto's site and I didn't see it, so I called my LDS and the owner told me I was on crack or something, cause there was no such thing. But I still say I've seen one somewhere. Anyway, 1 of the instructors at said shop has his rigged to one of the mini retractors and says it works great. Makes me wander, maybe we should invent a housing for the SK7 for this purpose. Anyone here know anything about molding plastic? Maybe I can make a fortune there, since the manuver thing just isn't panning out. :)

Ahhh...I see....

Thus continuing the theory that it doesn't matter how long the retractor is.....

(My WH, what large feet and hands you have!)

Hardy, har, har! Well actually, I think the length thing was part of problem. Maybe if I cut little of it off (Ouch!), it wouldn't run out by itself. :)

Originally posted by Warhammer
Hardy, har, har! Well actually, I think the length thing was part of problem. Maybe if I cut little of it off (Ouch!), it wouldn't run out by itself. :)
We can let you be the dive leader and "point" the way!

Back
Top Bottom