Seaquest inflator problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fdog:
This is the pull exhaust on my recreational BC. It has a one-way flapper valve that prevents water from entering the BC.

All the best, James
If I understand this correctly, it has two valves in there? One connected to the corrugated hose and opens when you pull on the hose and a second that keeps water out while still allowing it to relase air?
It looks almost the same as the valve on my Seaqust BC, except mine is angled and it only has one valve (flapper?) in there that opens when you pull on the hose to dump air. And if you're not in the correct position when you open it, instead of air leaving, ater can enter. It'll also let water in when you've dumped all the air and continue to hold it open. And I suspect, that even when operating correctly, small amounts of water can trickle in when air is being let out, if you pull it all the way open.

This valve is on a SeaQuest Pro BC that is about 10-12 years old.

Yes, it has two valves, the inside pull dump, and a simple rubber flapper valve (just like the exhaust valve on regulator 2nd stages).

I've enclosed a diagram, please excuse my crude quickie drawing.

When the pull valve is, well, pulled (thence open), I can suck air from the BC through the flapper, but cannot blow air back into the BC.

All the best, James

Cool. It appears they don't make em that way anymore, at least on any of the Seaquest or others I've seen. They probably reduced the cost to manufacture by a $1 by leaving it out.

Too bad they removed the flapper...it's pretty sweet not ending a dive with water in the BC.

Another nice feature lost in the profit margin.

All the best, James

Back
Top Bottom