SeaQuest I3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jayr

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new BC.
I currently use the Aqualung Malibu RDS and I want to stay with a back inflation BC.
Does anyone have experience with the new Sea Quest I3 or the ScubaPro Knighthawk?

the one knock i have with the I3 is the strange oral inflation tube that is tucked in out of the way. this is good for trim but for those who like to orally inflate to save air at the end of a dive it can be a real pain. i dive a knighthawk and i absolutely love it. i went from a jacket style in my training straight to the knighthawk and i have nothing bad to say about it. staying horizontal is extremely easy, and staying vertical on the surface is not a problem contrary to what you might hear from some people. all it takes is a few seconds of your first dive to get used to it, much like any new equipment you get. hope this helped will check back for any more questions you might have.

I3 is a feature which Aqualung is promoting. As jefffalcone said, currently, it seems that it is only offered with ProQD. I am not sure if the I3 would be possible with a back inflation BC with regards to where the controller should be located.

Nighthawk .. very much like it .. I would stay with the regular inflater .. not that I have any problems with my Air2 inflater/octo .. I think that "down the road" you will be better able to expand your training with a regular octo setup

A cheap option would be the Riptide Zone that Scubatoys has on sale. Really nice rig. Basically no pockets unless you use a weight belt and turn the weight pouches into pockets. Nice rig and cheap. Back inflate all the way.

Knighthawk is an excellent back inflate BC; dove one for a while. We just go an I3 in for a customer, he will be trying it in the pool on Sunday and I will be taking it for a test dive as well, will let you know. In the store, the inflator design worked very well, will have to see how it is under water.
:monkeydan

We have sold a bunch of I3s and it is one of the better designs on the market. The valves are one way and low profile and you have the option of adding a standard inflator if you wish to have the traditional inflator hose or for an instructor for demonstration purposes. The rep told me that the I3 controls will come out on the balance in the future for all those who like back inflation. Everyone who has tried the i3 has loved it so far, very easy to use.

Thank you all for the input. I tried the I3 at my local dive shop this last weekend. I can only say one thing.
It is way to new on the market for me to even consider using it in the open water. Hated it.
I tried the NightHawk and bought it on the same day.
Thanks again, there is the possibility of tooooo many problems using the I3. It looks cool, but that is about it. Stick with the tradidtional inflator.
DIVE SAFE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom