SeaLife's Service - Shocking!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:D
Rick Inman:
It arrived today. They didn't fix the camera. They didn't fix the housing.

They replace both with brand new! And the invoice said, no charge. Free. Including the overnight shipping.

Never before have I bought a used piece of gear, destroyed it due to operator error and then had it replaced for free (except a fly rod, once).

Major kudos to these guys! I know the DC310 is just an entry level camera, but now the pictures in Hawaii next week will be even more sweet!

Just thought I'd let you know...

That's because they knew you were a bigwig on SB!!!:D

I had a similar experience with my DC310. I sent it back with a note asking if the flooded camera was repairable or just replacable. I didn't send any warranty info in but in just a few days the doorbell rang and there was a brand new housing and camera. When the DC500 came out I didn't hesitate to buy it. I had some difficulties with it, but when I sent it in to be checked out I not only got a personal call from one of the VP's of the company, I also got a new wide angle lens (Mine is somewhere in Coz waiting to be found) and several other freebies. They even rushed the camera back to me in time for a trip. Also, for those of you who have already bought the DC500 here are a few things I learned from my conversation with the company. Be sure to upgrade the firmware to the PIE5 version. It is supposed to help with the battery life and flash strength. Do NOT use the macro lenses. You don't need them. The camera has a optical zoom instead. If you look on the "important updates" section of the manual page of their website, you will see one of my pictures (not one of my prouder accomplishments) demonstrating why NOT to use the closeup lenses. You can get a funky reflection ring in your photos. Finally, they are releasing a new attachment between the digital strobe and the sync cord. It is supposed to fix the problem that some people have had with the strobe not firing consistently. Finally, if you have enacted the 'shark mode' at a distance of over 4 feet, you do not have to reset it as long as you continue to shoot at that distance or beyond. The lens supposedly is then set at the infinity point and doesn't have to refocus. Of course if you are closer than that and varying your shooting range, you can't use the shark mode, but if you are taking shots of an eagle ray or shark it will really come in handy.
I can't say enough good about the customer service at Sealife.

You should change your username to "rick i'm a rookie", really how could you flood a sealife camera, it's a tank, only an idiot could pull a stunt like that, oh wrong board... hey that's cool Rick. I have a 310, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.:D
I also bought mine from an SB member, but I only have one strobe, strobe jealousy. :wink:

dlndavid:
... only an idiot could pull a stunt like that, ...
Yeah, like a fox. I do have a brand new camera & housing now. eyebrow

PaulChristenson:
That's because they knew you were a bigwig on SB!!!:D
Bbarnes:
I had a similar experience with my DC310...
Oh, great. Thanks for bursting my ego! eyebrow

rick, that i so fantastic, i had such horrible luck with my 310, NOT DUE TO SEA LIFE, most of my horr was due to the LDS that i WAS with, and when i had a flood issue they also replaced everything with a brand new one, sea life is and seems to be a great company with there customer service!!! and they did do me so right, but i wanted to go to bigger and yup more expensive, so i sold my reef master pro kit to , and is how i met dlndavid, and he has had good luck and some really nice pictures from it and yes i am so pleased that it worked well for him, i am allways concerned when i sell somthing to someone, as i want them to enjoy it, and well it went the way i wanted it too. so glad they helped you so nicely!!!!!

Hi Jim, race you to the Philippines. :D

How could you have come to our neck of the woods and not said hi? :)

I'm going to tell Steve you were solo diving.

Have a great trip to Hawaii!

TSandM:
How could you have come to our neck of the woods and not said hi? :)

I'm going to tell Steve you were solo diving.
What I had in mind, I wouldn't put anyone through. Hang in one spot for an hour, changing lenses, trying this and that, adjusting the strobes, taking 200 pictures of the same cucumber until I got it right...

Not sure what my excuse will be in Kona. eyebrow

Tattle-tale!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom