Sealife Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dd64

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just discovered my strobe on my Sealife DC600 isn't working. I had some problems last dive ( about 2 weeks ago ) i thought the batteries were getting weak so I replaced today ( leaving tomorrow for Cancun ) Strobe will not flash at all. When I opened the case to replace batteries, there was a strange odor, kinda smelled burnt !
Any advice from anyone will help.

If strobe doesn't work will I get any pictures at all with just internal flash??

Thanks

The internal flash doesn't work very well because it causes backscatter. Check the optical cable for the strobe. If not send an email to Denise and as her.

If you're leaving tomorrow, not a lot you can do. The smell is ominous but maybe that's not it. If you bought it locally, take the whole kid there and ask them to look at it, loan you one if they can. If you bought it elsewhere...

Will the strobe not test fire? If not, double check battery placement; easy to get wrong. If it will, then the problem would probly be in the link. If all that fails, have a nice trip. :pilot: You can still get some decent shots in the shallow dives, which is all you should be doing with less than 24 logged.

Are you going to do any whale shark snorkeling? That's the highlight of my trip coming up, and you can't use a strobe with them anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom