SeaLife ReefMaster Mini Digital Underwater Dive Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hardenr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,
I am a rookie diver, looking for a camera that will take some good pictures on an upcoming dive. Can anyone tell me about the

SeaLife ReefMaster Mini Digital Underwater Dive Camera?

I've never used the Reefmaster (used DC1000,1200 and now 1400), so I can't speak to it personally. But, as a suggestion, be more specific with your question and more people may chime in to assist. In general though, SeaLife puts out great products at a great price point, and has some of the best customer service of any company that I've ever dealt with. Tough to beat the quality you get from it for a point and shoot. If you want good quality pics though a can spring a few extra hundred, I would suggest adding at least one strobe to it or, better yet, going with the DC1400 with a strobe. When deeper than 35' or so, you'll always get better pics by adding light to it. Otherwise, most of the pic will be blue. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

---------- Post added June 28th, 2014 at 09:55 AM ----------

Actually, scratch that... I just noticed the "rookie diver" part. So, I feel it would be irresponsible for me to suggest even a slightly more complicated setup that would tempt you to get closer to the reef without focusing on your diving and buoyancy. Normally, I wouldn't recommend a camera to anyone on their first dive trip. But, if you're set on it, I think the Reefmaster would be a great camera for you. But, by all means, focus on your diving skills and buoyancy first, take pictures 2nd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom