SeaLife DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After months of waiting I just received my DC800 on July 2nd. Anxious to try it out I used it for some fireworks shots above the water. It performed admirably. I am very anxious to try it out under water. Prior I had and enjoyed the DC310 but I was frustrated by the lack of focus and the poor screen visibility. The DC800 seems miles ahead of that.

Hey Skipper, give us a full report when you get a chance to check it out. fireworks are hard to shoot under the best conditions...did you use a tripod with it?
I am still waiting for mine to be delivered! I can't wait to experiment either. I was told I should get it by the 15th.

Was curious to know where those who have received their 800s ordered them from. I'm kind of on an awkard timeline as I'm currently serving in Afghanistan without a firm home date. I've basically got about 2.5 months to go. I'd really like to get this camera in that time period because I'll have the opportunity to dive somewhere on the way back to Canada.

Hey Skipper, give us a full report when you get a chance to check it out. fireworks are hard to shoot under the best conditions...did you use a tripod with it?
I am still waiting for mine to be delivered! I can't wait to experiment either. I was told I should get it by the 15th.
No tripod and worse, I was on my boat. But they came out interesting. I'll post a few tonight.

(i got mine from diving.net on e-bay)

skipper, I look forward to seeing them. I ordered my camera online too, scuba.com. They had so many orders, and only a limited shipment from sealife, so I had to wait a little. But, they told me they are expecting a shipment tomorrow, so maybe I'll have it in a couple of days. I'm going to barbados soon, so hope to have it all figured out before I go. I'll take some test photos and video and post them here if anyone is interested.....

Hi Air on....have you been playing with your camera yet? are you gettting "happy" with it yet?
what's the scoop.

I recently used the DC800 on a dive vacation. I was very impressed with how easy it was to use and the great quality of the pictures. It took me a few tries to get the flash pointed at the right spot but one of my earlier dives was at a wreck so it was easy to practice and learn without fighting the strong current of a drift dive. I also have a Nikon D50 that I've been using for above sea level pictures but I took a few with the DC800 to compare. I hate to admit it (considering what I've spent on my Nikon and zoom lens) but the DC800 was AT LEAST as good.

Hi Air on....have you been playing with your camera yet? are you gettting "happy" with it yet?
what's the scoop.

I've been very happy with it. I just haven't gotten it WET yet :(
I'm trying to got dive with it on the weekend of the 19th or the 26th of July here.

I've taken a bunch of pictures of my house and How I have my Emergency signal sausage attached to my BC (I think its quite origional and handy).

I posted them in my PICs area on Myspace
MySpace.com - Timberwulf - 37 - Male - Glendale, ARIZONA - www.myspace.com/timberwulf70

I plan to blog on my divebuddy account about the ESS-BC setup and Myspace lets me hold a little larger pictures that i can link into the Dive Buddy blog.
Join | DiveBuddy.com - Global Social Nework for Scuba Divers

I think I've taken about a hundred shots now at various settings. (deleted most)
Shot a few videos (deleted most)
The battery is still pretty full and on its first full charge still.

With a 1 gig memory card in it at max image quality I'll get over 300 pictures.
Thats a lot more then i think I'll take on a weekend of diving.
If the battery holds out for the 300 shots I don't think i would need to open the case for a weekend dive trip? About half my pictures have been with the flash on.

The booklet recoments shooting with ambient light only on dives with the water settings used. That means less power usage. I don't have the strobe lights for the camera... It looks like they run off a photo cell that reacts to the camera's flash inside the case to trigger it/them. Thats a neat trick to keep the case sealed better.

By the way, with the Scuba.com order I received a padded zipper camera bag, a scuba hat... Its little things like this that make a lasting impression to me :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom