Sealife dc1400 questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have the sealife dc1200 Maxx kit with dual flashes and have absolutely loved using it both here in Australia and overseas. Although I use it in photographic mode more often, I frequently use it in video mode as well, so I've noticed the release of the dc1400 with hd video with great interest.

Are you able to let me know:-

1.whether the new dc1400 has a new housing as well or whether it fits the dc1200 housing;
2.when the new dc1400 will be available to buy in Australia.

Cheers
Michelle

Hi Michelle,
I believe the DC1400 will be released in Australia around the end of October. Yes it will be a new housing due a new method for controling the zoom. Also there will be a new wide angle lens, available early 2012.
Cheers, Kym

I am afraid the Dc1400 is a unique camera and will not fit into the DC1200 housing. However all the accessories will work withthe DC1400 witht he exception of the Wide Angle lens. The DC1400 has a 26mm lens that is uber wide and can focus down to 1" for great macro shots.

As for the wide angle lens Kym mentioned, not sure where that info came from but keep an eye out on our website or facebook page for info on new product.

Hope this helped.

Joe

Joe please clarify:
Does SeaLife consider 26mm wide enough or is there a Wide lens in development for future release?

Thanks

Joe,

I've got a DC500 that needs upgrading. I was waiting for your new product release hoping it would have the ability to shoot in RAW mode. I don't see this mentioned anywhere in the specs. Does the DC1400 have the ability to shoot in RAW?

Thanks!

I have the sealife dc1200 Maxx kit with dual flashes and have absolutely loved using it both here in Australia and overseas. Although I use it in photographic mode more often, I frequently use it in video mode as well, so I've noticed the release of the dc1400 with hd video with great interest.

Are you able to let me know:-

1.whether the new dc1400 has a new housing as well or whether it fits the dc1200 housing;
2.when the new dc1400 will be available to buy in Australia.

Cheers
Michelle

Sorry Michelle, missed ques. 2.

I would say it's going to be around 3 weeks before they make it all the way down to Australia with shipping and all.

Yes, as long as the other strobe/light has a standard 1/4-20 tripod mounting screw. The other strobe will also need a universal mounting solution for connecting the optical cable. The SeaLife Digital Pro Flash (SL961) includes everything to make it easy to connect to your DC1400 - optical cable, cable adapter and 1/4-20 mounting screw. Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom