Sealife dc 2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
coming out in dec, does seem interesting

What existing DC accessories work, flash probably, wide angle lens? Since I have been holding off replacing my DC1000, it may be worth calling Sealife

RAW! And a Sony backlit 1" sensor (the same that's in the RX100's?)! Can't wait to see how this camera tests out.

Last edited:
What existing DC accessories work, flash probably, wide angle lens? Since I have been holding off replacing my DC1000, it may be worth calling Sealife

It's on their website, so all the info you'll want is on there. It seems to be, for the most part, backward compatible with the most other SeaLife gear. It's a little more pricey at $699, but if it's the same sensor that's in the RX100, that's an absolute steal considering it comes with the housing. Just the housing alone for a RX100 will run nearly that much or more. The other specs that I've read on it so far look outstanding. Full manual control options. RAW (FINALLY, as I excitedly mentioned above). f1.8 lens for better low light results (and likely faster focus lock). They also drastically improved the shutter response time (thought it didn't specify if that was in infinite focus mode), which was the other main complaint on the DC1400. The battery is apparently good for 2 hours of continuous shooting?!? That would be a massive improvement, if true. Also, the internal camera is also water resistant! So, even if you screw up and don't close the housing properly and end up flooding it, you're not SOL.

If everything checks out with the sensor, this can make them a real player again in the high quality compact camera market. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't stoked.

We are very happy with the Olympus TG4 and the omd em5. That being said this might be something for us to use

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom