Sealife DC 1200 Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got as 1200 today and did a night-time pool test. The camera was very easy to set up.

Attachments

• PICT0022.jpg
    PICT0022.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 487
They love been take in picture

Attachments

• PICT0022.jpg
    PICT0022.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 420
Madvelazquez,
Nice shots. I am considering buying this camera for my next trip. In fact I only registered here to ask you couple questions; so far I was a passive, unregistered viewer on this forum.
How many pictures have you taken with this camera and how many came up good (percentage wise)? Two pictures look slightly blurry. Why, do you think; out of focus (too close) or camera shake? Did you use a wide-angle lense? Did you do any post processing on those pictures?

Plok
Thanks. This was the first time using the camera. I would say 50% of pictures taken on this trip came out good. I would say the blurry pictures were due to camera shake. No I did not use a wide-angle lense on any of these pictures and no I did not do any post processing on the pictures (pictures were straight out of the memory card). I was very happy with the results being that was the first time using the camera.

Here are a couple shot's I took with my Dc1200. Used the strobe did not use wide angle lense. 1st time with this or any camera. Had setting to Auto. This was taken in a NJ Lake. green water as you can tell. nothing has been altered other then size of file for uploading. I would 60-70% came out good especially for 1st time using a camera. Others were do do being shaky or not still enough.

PICT0049.jpg

PICT0027.jpg

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

and here is a link to a video I took. it is in red as I had the wrong setting on again user error not camera.

YouTube - Round Valley3 7-18-2010.wmv

a22shady,
Thanks for posting pictures. I wonder what was diving conditions: viz, depth, sunny/cloudy day... Water seems to be quite murky. Pictures lacking sharpeness. You probably had quite a bit of water between the camera lens and objects. The wide angle would probably help improving sharpeness.
Did you use full auto (land mode) or one of 4 underwater modes that camera features according to its spec? What was the strobe model that you used?

It was a sunny day, but the water would silt up very easily as noticed in some of the Pictures. all it takes is a little kick wrong way and into the Darkness. The other pics where it is clearer I was ahead and it was an area that was not disturbed. Deph was only around 25' the water is green in color as can be seen. I had it underwater mode with Strobe and Set to Auto. On a couple of the pics as with any camera if you slighly depress the button it will auto focus and then let you know if its ok to tak pic or not. On some I held and did this on others I did not and you can see the difference.

On a few of the pics there was defintly some distance some shot using zoom others not. Just pretty much playing around and testing the functions out to see how it worked. I am not a photographer so have no real clue xcept trial and error. I spoke with one of the Sealife tech/Rep's and he informed about how to get a better picture by setting the Manuel white balance which will greatly help clear up the picture. So i will try that next time to see possibly this weekend and will post pics. Unfourtnatly being here in the Northeast is typical not Ideal conditions so pics will not come out as amazing looking as being away on a tropical Island.

Viz that day was about 10' so given everything and from what I have seen with other cameras. The DC1200 worked extrely well and pics came out nice and clear. I am sure with playing the setting and just getting used to taking pictures and time with the camera the Photo's will come out even better. The Stobe I was using is the one that comes with Elite Kit not sure of the Model.

From this you can see how bad viz was I guess around the 8ft mark and in certain places.

PICT0030.jpg

PICT0041.jpg

Mescooter.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

Looking forward to seeing pictures with manual white balance. Using the wide angle should also help.
It is helpful to see pictures taken by beginners as well as professionals and in different conditions to figure out what the camera is capable of.
Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom