Sealife DC 1200 Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

F!

Just got my 1200 and stil learning...

So like, why doesnt the USB connection charge the freeeeking battery? Isnt this a no-brainer? So like, do I have to take the battery out each time I use the camera to charge? Isnt a simple USB connection a simpler solution? So like, how much more would it cost an $800 camera to effect a USB rechargde connection? Inquiring minds want to know...

I guess it the same reason they used such a small battery and got rid of the EV compensation on the underwater housing?

Why would you design an underwater camera that will only last two dives (if your lucky)? Sure you buy another battery but changing a battery out on a wet camera goes against all logic!! Personally I think the camera is a old (relative) design and newer technology was not used (to keep the cost down?).

On the other hand it is an affordable camera that does get the job done.

Personally I think the camera is a old (relative) design and newer technology was not used (to keep the cost down?). On the other hand it is an affordable camera that does get the job done.

Thanks for the reality check. You're probably right, HOWEVER the charging mechanism couldnt have increased the pricemore than $10! :shakehead:

When I learn to use it better, I'm sure pix will improve.:blessing:

The depths ranged from 55 to 80. I used the strobe for the deeper dives. Setting were set to automatic. I did not do any manual settings on the pictures I posted. I did one some I have not posted yet.

I pick mine up tomarrow, hope it does as good of job as this one did.

Are all this picture take with the dc1200 elite or are you using it with no attachment??? I'm thinking of getting one but don't know if I should wait to get the money for the elite or just buy the regular one...
M
Any advices??

Can anyone identify these things are?? Never seen them before. Both were in the Gulf Of Mexico this weekend off of Clearwater, FL

99.jpg

86.jpg

Then theres this one.

95.jpg

Top one looks like a decorator crab.
2nd one is a whelk egg case.
Last one looks like a stone crab.

Can anyone identify these things are?? Never seen them before. Both were in the Gulf Of Mexico this weekend off of Clearwater, FL

99.jpg

86.jpg

Then theres this one.

95.jpg

Back
Top Bottom