SEAL Drysuit brand, info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everybody claims to build excellent quality. That does not proof anything. The cut looks rather bulky when I look at this photo. Kevlar/aramid makes a suit rather stiff. It might be ok for overhead but for open water? gdxopc never mentioned what he needed the suit for, did he?
An Avatar suit, for instance, would be ok in open water but I would never expect it to last as long as a Santi/Rofos/Ursuit/Bare (to name a few) because of the material and the way the seams are sealed.
Ursuit, for instance, make very robust suits but their cut is, at least for me, horrible. Much too bulky.

Best wishes Jens
Talked today with my local dive/training center (Norway). Although they can service and repair any brand they all dive in ROFOS. Santi is way overpriced (they also sell Santi and other brands). Unlike the main same same brands, which buy the material from different OEM suppliers (lot's from China), ROFOS produces their own materials (all made in Italy) and also use Kevlar/advanced materials and they do tailor made too. I will order a ROFOS and see how it goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom