sea vision masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree Ken...I much prefer the SeaVision defog to anything out there. I just wish they hadn't thinned it and put it in a spray bottle. I like to keep a small bottle of it in my pocket and those spray thingies don't always like the pressure!

Since I made the original post in this thread, Beast has gotten one of SeaVision masks with the yellow lenses and gauge readers. He loves it! Says it's like using shooting glasses, it sharpens everything, especially in very low light/vis.

I'm more and more wishing I had never bought the clear lenses. With the exception of working with students, I much prefer the red ones.

what a bad design. It crapped out the first or second time out. I unscrew the cap, pour on finger then rub in.... We used PSI500 goop last weekend on a beach dive. It sucked. Spooged it on, had to walk a couple of hundred yards to the water to rub and rinse...fogged the entire dive.

Do you actually take DeFog down with you? I'm asking because someone posted in some equipment thread (I think it was "what do you carry in your pockets") Mask DeFog, and that struck me as odd...why in the pocket? Like its any good during the dive.

What can you possibly do with it underwater...? if My mask fogs (rarely) I just let in some water and look at the bottom for a moment, then clear. Do you apply underwater?

What the deal?

KK

I though the question was about the Seavision mask with the yellow filter. This is the same sort of lens treatiment that you see in some ski masks. On land, the yellow has the effect of bringing out detail in dark-colored objects. This is probably due to the brain compensating for the reduced intensity of non-yellow colors.

I have used this mask in the water and find it to be pretty effective, particularly in low vis conditions. Unlike the red filter, the tint of the lens does not block much light, and it improves by some mechanism the ability to resolve detail.

Back
Top Bottom