Sea Tiger. Keehi Pipe. 1/5/08 pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
JJ (VBlueV) and I went out on his boat this afternoon and honed some serious boat management skills :D I must have the flu or something because i was losing my balance all over the vessel. It was pretty windy and wavy out there, though.

We ended up at the Sea Tiger for our first dive. Not too much life there but a few turtles were lounging around and snoozing on the deck.

2170217337_3ce38428d3.jpg

2171012390_e83d8e6d65.jpg

Here's JJ with a fish hogging the camera.

P1040903.jpg

After that we headed over to Keehi Pipe. Much life. Oasis of life. As soon as I dropped down I came upon this little gem in the sand. Never seen one of these before.

Snake Eel

2170215841_ba0690a5e1.jpg

Plenty of big morays here. every crevice I saw had one large one at least.

2170216485_af8130f9cc.jpg

And this one has a very ugly mouth. Fight? Deformity? Doesn't matter I guess because judging from his size he does pretty good for himself.

2171366014_f304bd7ebe.jpg

Thanks JJ. Had a great time. Except when I fell off the boat while peeing. That was just ridiculous. Damn swells. It was a rogue.

Quote of the day
"Man, there are a lot of sailboats out here..." --JJ

dave

nice

we went out today

saw whales

and an Ed at the Brewery

nice

we went out today

saw whales

hey C..
we saw you and JB as the Bella Donna pulled up to the YO..
Alex, the Elysium, with the Makau in-tow.. were on the YO ball.
and we were tied to the San Pedro.

looked like you followed Alex somewhere because the Sea Fox arrived and elbowed you out of the mooring..
(you could've tied off to us 0=)

as for whales.. we saw 4 blowholes and whale-tails about a mile south of the YO the other day..

Great shots of the Turtles and looks like some good stuff at the pipe. When you wanna do some diving BadHatHarry? I just got back to the island and I will be here for a while. I am not working for the next 2 weeks so let me know. I know we are going on the Nori Z Tuesday Morning and Possibily Wednesday Night. Let me know.

Sea Fox arrived and elbowed you out of the mooring..

No, Scotty asked us if we were hooking up---we weren't. We were heading to La Marianna.

DID YOU GET A BOAT? :D We did see a nice Boston Waler, I think.

The viz looked nicer than I would have thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom