Sea Shepherd condemned by International Whaling Commission.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i'll leave Steve Irwin out of this then. He was a showman and might have liked the show part of SS. Who knows.
It was probably a Japanese ray that killed him........ :shakehead:

well i'll leave Steve Irwin out of this then. He was a showman and might have liked the show part of SS. Who knows.

What does that mean about "he might have liked the show part of SS."? Steve Irwin and his family were huge supporters of SSCS. I know that you may not like that since you are obviously a big fan of Steve Irwin but it's a fact.

What does that mean about "he might have liked the show part of SS."? Steve Irwin and his family were huge supporters of SSCS. I know that you may not like that since you are obviously a big fan of Steve Irwin but it's a fact.

actually, I have only seen his show once or twice and not entirely. Honestly. I dont watch tv anymore and dont even have cable tv. But I've heard of him enough to know what kind of work he did. Actually, the first time I saw him was in South Park (well, his cartoon self)

What would you supporters of the Sea Shepherd be saying is whaling wasn't involved.

What if they were upset about the environmental impact of SCUBA DIVING and were out harrassing dive boats? Would you still say that the ends justify the means?

I Sea Shepard often (possibly always) acts under the jurisdiction of international law.
You say that in jest I hope. Unless of course you consider having non-government ships going around bombarding each other with containers of butyric acid, making excessively close approaches, and other sort of harrassment is "under the jursidiction of international law".

Sadly many governments and the Whaling Consortium itself doesn't have the funds or manpower to actively enforce anti-whaling regulations. That's where Sea Shepard picks up the slack.
Privateering is no longer legal. Which government has authorized Sea Shepherd to act on their behalf?

Many, many times Sea Shepard's services are requested by governments that can't themselves enforce international law.
Which governments are requesting the Sea Shepherd to do what they are doing? If there have been "many, many requests ..." you should come up with some specifics.

I would like to thank you all (Especially the whaling apologists) for bringing this to my attention. I just sent Sea Shepherd a donation and I'll be looking sharp in my new sweatshirt as soon as it arrives.
Thank you very much, Your efforts in starting this thread have helped this cause.

I would like to thank you all (Especially the whaling apologists) for bringing this to my attention. I just sent Sea Shepherd a donation and I'll be looking sharp in my new sweatshirt as soon as it arrives.
Thank you very much, Your efforts in starting this thread have helped this cause.

Here is the website if anyone is interested either way

Sea Shepherd Conservation Society

Privateering is no longer legal. Which government has authorized Sea Shepherd to act on their behalf?

Which governments are requesting the Sea Shepherd to do what they are doing? If there have been "many, many requests ..." you should come up with some specifics.

Ecuador is one. Sea Shepherds have authority there to arrest poachers.

Guys Sea Sheperd is assulting these fishing vessels they are Criminals period. They even consider themselves criminals by calling themselves pirates. They are playing Judge Jurry and Executionar out there. That is not right and the fact that so many here condone their actions is very saddining.

The Whalers have every right to try to defend themselves from pirates, who in the past have boarded and sunk ships. Intentional Destruction of Property, now that is ILLEGAL anywhere.

These people are nothing more then pirates, not heroes.
Sea Shepherd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

P.S. please do not take this as if I support Whaling, I do not. But two wrongs never ever ever make a right ever!

Guys Sea Sheperd is assulting these fishing vessels they are Criminals period. They even consider themselves criminals by calling themselves pirates. They are playing Judge Jurry and Executionar out there. That is not right and the fact that so many here condone their actions is very saddining.

So...who is the judge, jury, and executioner then? Nobody else with authority seems to give a damn.

So...who is the judge, jury, and executioner then? Nobody else with authority seems to give a damn.

Apparently not since these guys are still sailing the 7 seas attacking and sinking vessels instead of being locked in a prision some where :( But I would assume in many places its the U.N. who would be in charge if I had to guess. Beyond that, any country that these jokers pull into for port could probably arrest them and charge them I would assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom