Sea Shepherd condemned by International Whaling Commission.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my eyes, the money I earn is mine but the IRS sees things differently. LOL

I agree. If they want to go whaling, they ought to just do it and tell everyone to go scratch...and I don't have any use for the UN either.

I guess I never react the way advertisers and PR people intend. Watson's antics just about make me want to take up whaling.

LOL- IRS...I can live with it because at least I "sorta" know where the money is going, and I do drive public roads. Having known Watson, I understood his need to form a separate entity with vigorous action vs. the "hippy dippy", ineffective stuff that Greenpeace mutated and evolved into. The guy has guts, and in person (many decades ago) was an affable, likable person who cared very much about whales, the environment and underdogs.

I prefer Watson to some "hater" CEO who runs this charade to get even, or make his point. It would be very interesting to peel back the layers of the corporation and see the psyche of the one's pulling the strings. If anything, in my experience CEO's of corporation are real "S_____of ______. Clever too.

X

Well, I obviously disagree with his tactics. I don't know enough about whale populations to know whether or not it makes good conservation sense to end all whaling.

LOL- IRS...I can live with it because at least I "sorta" know where the money is going, and I do drive public roads. Having know Watson, I understood his need to form a separate entity with direct action vs. the "hippy dippy", ineffective stuff that Greenpeace was doing at the time. The guy has guts, and in person (many decades ago) was an affable, likable person who cared very much about whales, the environment and underdogs.

I prefer Watson to some "hater" CEO who runs this charade to get even, or make his point. It would be very interesting to peel back the layers of the corporation and see the psyche of the one's pulling the strings. If anything, in my experience CEO's of corporation are real "S_____of ______. Clever too.

X

When Greenpeace makes a statement, I am more open minded and will listen if not agree with them.

When SS makes a statement, I just "change the channel"

Now, which is more effective?

I could also say that I read all of Mr X and Naturediver's posts on SB and try to understand their point of view even if mine tend to differ substancially. I like discussing with these two (2) antis.

I'm not one of those sweetness and light types and I think there are some things worth fighting for. What I hate is people who want to start a fight but somehow don't expect their victim to fight back. Like a nasty little dog who bites you in the knee and then runs whimpering to hide under a couch. I think that's SS. They want to push folks around but they don't expect anybody to push back. You can tell that by the way they whine when they get shot at a little. Not exactly comparable to the situation between the American colonies and the British.

Who said that they don't expect any retaliation? Of course they expect it. They constantly report their intentions on the SS website and in those reports they always report about the retaliation that they are expecting because of their actions. They weren't whining about the shooting, they were reporting it. Are you comparing running and hiding under the couch to staying in the Southern Ocean after being shot at and continuing to interfere with the whaling? How is that an even comparison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom