Sea Nettles!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh yeah, this was the first full Team Bunny dive in a while (since our boat trip in June in fact).

I've been trying to catch the buns on film 1) sleeping, 2) yawning or 3) stretching, but they're very wiley about what they show the camera. They'll be happy to know that they have fans though :)

DSC_7450.JPG

Aww, what cute bunny butts!!

Perhaps, but at least Kenn isn't banned from the petting zoo :p.

On another note a buddy of mine was out diving Sunday and managed to put his reg into his mouth covered in nettle tentacles. Said that gargling vinegar was almost as bad as the stings in his mouth :/. Gotta watch out for these suckers, very very sneaky!

We saw lots of small jellys out on the North Coast last weekend. I have seen tons of moon jellys at the BW, but those you just gently push out of your way. It is a whole other story when they have long trailing things that sting. Ouch! Fortunately the only part of skin exposed on me is around my mouth and so far I have not been stung.

I've been stung by the Sea Nettle on the cheek, and let me tell you it hurts really bad. It feels like small needles that are scolding hot piercing your skin with a mix of electrical current, yes electrical shock is what it feels like, followed by sharp pain all over.

Your face gets numb and you will have grill marks on your face for the rest of the day...

Yes..we must have the bunnies!

I havn't been stung in Monterey..but was stung by a seawasp in Bonaire! Not fun!
If you are sensitive or allergic to bee stings be careful! A young boy was stung in Bonaire as well and had to be taken to the hospital with respitory problems due to a allergic reaction.

Man, tenticles on the Reg sounds just heinous..poor guy!

Drew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom