Sea Life Digital Pro Flash..... I am at a loss...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Yesterday I did three dives and the head of the flash was very loosely connected and turned whenever there was a bit of current. (these were the first 3 dives with the flash by the way!)This morning while changing the batteries the head of the flash completely feeell off! The screw connecting the head with a wire was unscrewed.

I tried to put the head back on the arm, but it does not click on like the regular armlinks.

How is the head usually connected to the arm? Right now it is only conneted to the arm by the wire, but I assume this is just for safety in case the head falls off? The head does not seem to be connected, by snapping it on the arm, or by turning the wire or any other method. I can only assume it is glued to the arm? (or supposed to be glued in this case)

My question is: How can I fix this properly and quickly? Being just three days into my holiday with a lot more diving coming up I cannot go back to the supplier in Holland.

Any tips are most welcome!

Thanks for the quick reply sealife (Dennis)

I thought I'd post the solution in case anybody else experiences a similar problem:
I disconnected the final arm link and put in the metal plate/washer + screw from the bottomside up. The head of the flash can then be screwed in from the top and will stick to the arm after you again connect the final arm link to the other links.
(I hope I am making some kind of sense)

Regards

Dimitri

Same here happened after first dive, at the caymans now, lucky I went down to Kathy Church photo shop, they were great showed me how to fix if happened again.
Not too good sealife..... This is a new strobe never used????

Rick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom