Sea Elite backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kbsea

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Any comments or feedback about Sea Elite stainless backplates? Are they worth looking at?

Other than a few unique backplates (DSS, Oxycheq Ultra Lite, Freedom Plate ....), in most cases, a backplate is a backplate is a backplate.

If you want to dive a single tank without a STA - then you have to be sure that the slots in the plate match the slots in the wing. If you are using a STA - you can mix and match, however you want. The differences are minor - some hold the tank closer to your back, some have more radiused corners, some are shorter - but in the overall performance, most people can't tell the difference.

A doubles plate is a doubles plate. None work very well with single tanks. Exceptions, Oxy Ultra Light and the rare Freedom Plate.

N

I have used other SE products and liked them and I love my Sea Elite Tek-X so I would think that their back plates would be fine. That said, you could probably get something similar used on SB for a similar amount or you could get a whole DSS package (I love my DSS rig for doubles) for a few hundred bucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom