Sea cucumbers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People are f’n fools, power of persuasion and desire to get something that’s hard to get is powerful, to some telling them something is special sets them off. If only we can convince these easily led people into the wonders of cat poo! My 15 year old wiener dog would, she can’t see or hear but she can find the treasure using her last sense.

We saw quite a few last month ... and such pretty ... piles!
3F98C4B5-E19B-49E5-8534-AFA71BEE061B_1_201_a.jpeg

I was in my local Costco last weekend and saw they were selling bags of dried sea-cucumber snacks. Looked utterly disgusting to me, but what do I know.

Had sea cucumber, while in China, years ago, as part of a banquet; didn't wish to be the Ugly American, or gwailou -- "round-eye ghost;" or "foreign devil," as my ex's Cantonese grandmother frequently called me.

What is usually eaten, are longitudinal muscles of the larger holothuroids, usually in some spicy black bean sauce or similar concoction. As repulsive as they appear and are, they, mercifully enough, have little to no flavor, on their own; and possess all of the appetizing charm and texture of rubber bands . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom