Sea Base anyone???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desert Pirate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey yall,

Just got off the phone with Linda at Bonneville Sea Base, and made reservations for 6 on the morning of the 13. she said visibility is getting slightly better, but its abit chilly. between 6 and 12 feet and depending on which bay your in, 58-70 deg.:eyebrow: to me it sounds alot better than sawing through ice on the resevoir.

any how if anyone else is interested, call her or visit the site. Bonneville Seabase - Utah Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Location - Inland Scuba Diving and Snorkeling and make a reservation to come play with us. Ive contacted some of you on the site personaly and made invites, hope to see yall there.... PAUL lol

also Linda told me that night of the 12th the utah burning man org. will be doing thier christmas tree burn in the camping area, if anyone is interested. I am not sure what the cost for their "art festival" is but it has been a great party in the past.

:bandsmlz: :chicken: :cheers:

hope to catch ya there,
Clay :coffee:

I'd like to do this at some point. I get over to Utah for work a couple of times a year and would like to check it out. But it doesn't look like I am going to get out that way till the end of February or March right now.

i'm doing my rescue class there first weekend of Feb... let me know how it is if you get a chance!
Thanks,
Jim

Clay how could I miss it I am the closest to it.

I made our reservations around 9ish... lol you know how linda is.. Id like to be there early so when they feed if they entice the shark out of the cave, we can catch him in the open, Linda said hes grown alot from last year. but I have a few guys that want me to take them down in the Abyss tank first, so I am thinkin we gotta burn our 20 min in there early too. have you been to one of the burning mans at her place? its pretty wild, I dont think we will be at that party because one of my buddies has a cage fight on sat. night he asked me to come. but Linda tells me those guys get pretty wild, real fun to watch.
Clay

Report:

the 13th was a blast! alot of people backed out at the last minute because of the bad roads, and thats ok, but they were just fine coming home. It was a beautiful day, a little foggy in the morning, but cleared off by noon, and was fine.

The new system Linda has in place must be doin a pretty good job, the vis was around 6-7 ft in places, and still really murky in others. We decided that if there is something to see, you can start making it out about 12 feet away, but if your decending onto a tarp, or one of those mats, you dont see it until you about hit it.

The new system did cool the pools quite a bit, the Abyss was pretty warm, I didnt actually dive it, if youve been their you know its just a deep tank,not alot to see. but several divers told me that if I need to warm up to go over there.

The habitat pool was 55 deg by my computer, and because of the coolness of the water I didnt see many fish, however the sculpures, habitat, and the boat is a nice navigation challenge that I always enjoy.

White Rocks Bay was very nice. the temp was about 63 deg. and if you can find the hotspots, there was an abundance of fish tryin to keep warm. We fed the damsels, anges, a cpl of groupers. Found both puffer fish although we couldnt entice them to eat anything. The 2 sharks were out more than I have ever seen them, They were enjoying the sand in the middle of the pool, and unlike before, didnt freak out and run to their shelter when we started petting them. so we all took turns lying next to them, and petting. One of the guys who works there told us that they will snuggle trying to steal your body heat?? never heard of it before but the 2 didnt seem to like to snuggle as much as being patted down. They have grown alot since last year, i would guess they are slightly longer than 10 ft now. one person was sayin they were 11, but Id have to see a tape along one to believe that just yet.

All in all, there were 6 of us that showed to dive, and one that came along for the ride, the dive was one of the best Id had at the seabase, and dinner and chat was great later in Toelle as well.

catch yall next run,
Clay

Clay dude, Sorry I didnt make it. I just got back into town from Seattle today 1/15/08. My grandma is hanging in there. They found the bleeding internally did surgery to stop it. She will most likely be release this weekend. Sounds like I missed the best time.

roller, your more than welcome anytime. the only way to get to not silt it up is to get in! no worries paul, next time for sure. It was great, but theres always a better dive around the bend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom