Sea Bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They won't press any harder then everything else you have on. So it should not be a problem. Air compresses because it can, solid objects really cannot compress all that much so if you took a rubber ball and dropped it in the deepest part of the ocean it would go to the bottom just fine...

if she wears them under her wetsuit, won't that make them compress into her skin at depth?

I'm just guessing at this since neoprene *does* compress at depth, it might have the side effect of compressing the Sea Bands. ouch.

I have found Sea Bands to be great!!! My system is that I put the Sea Bands on before the drive to the boat and I don't take them off until I am back on solid land. While on the boat, if I happen to notice the sensation of motion, I take a moment to look at the horizon or the land.

I have about 60 dives logged about half of them on boats, and I (knock on wood) have not gotten sea sick. and I have not taken drugs... so I don't have to deal with the side effects.

I have worn sea bands down to 120 feet... and have no known negative effects.

ladycute1, thanks for the first hand experience. I will try the sea bands on my ow dive certs this weekend and let you know how it goes.

For anyone that is very prone to motion-sickness and wants a solution at a relatively high cost, I can recommend the electro-stimulatory wristband called the "ReliefBand"

My wife used to get seasick/motionsick just about any time she was on a boat in most sea conditions. A few weeks ago before we were scheduled to take a weekend jaunt from Seattle to Vancouver, I took the pre-emptive measure of buying her a ReliefBand (you only use one as opposed to SeaBands). I purchased the disposable kind which lasts somewhere around 250 hours, and cost $60.00 at REI.

After a rocky weekend on the boat for everyone BUT her, I was saying Hallelujah! As miserable as I was from getting sick, I would have been more miserable had she been sick too - believe me.

The device is water resistant, not proof, so you cannot dive with it, but you can certainly wear one on the dive boat before you hit the water.

You can read details about the device here:
http://www.reliefband.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom