ScubaToys Regulator Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poseidon has a LONG sad history (in the USA at least) of sporadic/spotty parts and service availability. The 2nd stages are especially weird internally and few dive shops have a clue how to service/tune them. I still have kept a few of my old Jetstreams ('cause they just look cool :)) but for practical/reliable diving I'll take my Atomics/Aqualungs/Apeks/Scubapros over Poseidon anytime.

5/28/2019:
I emailed ScubaToys specifically asking if they
could still do annual service on my old Poseidon
(I included the model number) regulator.

5/28/2019:
I received the following response from Joe Johnson:
"We can but the parts are close to $100 for that reg."
(This was a lie - see below.)

6/3/2019:
They received my regulator.

6/19/2019 - (2 weeks / 2 days later):
Since their regulator repair form says:
"Please allow 10-14 business days upon receipt
for annual service work to be completed."
I called to check on my regulator. Sandy
told me that they get busy this time of
year so it would be "another week to
week and a half" before they would be
shipping my regulator back to me.
(This was a lie - see below.)

7/10/2019 - (3 weeks later):
I called to find out where my regulaor
was. Sandy told me "Let me check and
I'll call you back."
(This was a lie. She never called back.)

7/11/2019 - (1 day later):
I called back to find out why Sandy
never called me back. She said that
my regulator was due back to them the
next day and it would be "shipping tomorrow".
(This was a lie. See below.)

7/15/2019 - (4 days later):
I called back to make sure my regulator
had indeed shipped on the 12th. Sandy
gets on the phone and informs me that the
regulator hasn't shipped yet and that they
couldn't service the 2nd stage because of
parts availability so they only serviced
the first stage and that it would "ship
tomorrow."

7/16/2019 - (1 day later):
My regulator finally shipped.

6 weeks and 1 day and $151 later I have
a regulator that I can't use because they
didn't service both stages the way
Joe Johnson told me they would
when I first contacted them.

Reasonable customer service would dictate
that if you can't service both stages you
call the customer and ask them if they still
want the other stage serviced. Customer
service is obviously not their strong suit,
but lying obviously is.

If you want your regulator serviced by a
bunch of used car salesman have at it.
I never will again.
Correct me if I'm wrong. But didn't you buy that regulator online, used, without clearly realizing it was a discontinued Triton model, for $200?
A guy on craigslist was selling a whole setup for $200 saying he just wanted it out of his basement. He just happened to post it 30 minutes before I checked the postings and he listed a Poseidon reg but not the model. I was hoping to take a list of discontinued models with me when I went to check the gear out. When he told me he bought the equipment about 16 years earlier I assumed (I know) any reputable manufacturer would still be supporting their regulators.
I understand your frustration but if I think your best bet to get that Triton 2nd stage to work would be to get in touch with Air Tech in Raleigh, NC to see if they may be able to dig something up for you. One of the reg techs there teaches Poseidon's regulator classes in the US. You may find a second stage only on Ebay or something similar to use as a "parts backup". You may reach out to Salt Blue, the relatively new US Distributor for Poseidon and lastly Poseidon itself in Sweden. However the other two US based resources are probably ahead of you on that. Honestly, You're in a pickle with that regulator set up. My advice is to engage those two entities, and Watch the tone of your voice. Honey works better than vinegar.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But didn't you buy that regulator online, used, without clearly realizing it was a discontinued Triton model, for $200?

I understand your frustration but if I think your best bet to get that Triton 2nd stage to work would be to get in touch with Air Tech in Raleigh, NC to see if they may be able to dig something up for you. One of the reg techs there teaches Poseidon's regulator classes in the US. You may find a second stage only on Ebay or something similar to use as a "parts backup". You may reach out to Salt Blue, the relatively new US Distributor for Poseidon and lastly Poseidon itself in Sweden. However the other two US based resources are probably ahead of you on that. Honestly, You're in a pickle with that regulator set up. My advice is to engage those two entities, and Watch the tone of your voice. Honey works better than vinegar.

I didn't know if the regulator was still supported or not. That's why I emailed ScubaToys and specifically asked them if they still serviced that specific model. I was assured they did by Joe Johnson.

I also emailed Poseidon using the email link on the Contact Us page of their Web site to inquire about support for this regulator. They never responded to my email.

I fantasized about buying a triton 20yrs ago thought they looked great but I don't buy new
then 5yrs later I was in the dive shop and they had just sold a freeflowing second hand one
and the customer was on his way to pick it up serviced oops! and the manager was busy
So I pulled it a bit apart and wriggled my finger around inside and cleared the flow and thought
this is a really crap reg.
and the customer was happy

Hey it wasn't my dive shop

so three years ago I bought a Triton reg set with two seconds in really good condition for 100 dollars and
I'm happy-diver

I haven't hooked it up and it sits looking great in a box somewhere

service schmervis, just pull them apart clean them up and use them

very good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom